Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Well

Sorry about the boring post. It was a goal of mine to blog that day...I didn't really feel like it, but I had to do it, so I just wrote that.

So a little over a month ago, the company I worked for went out of business. I have to tell ya, though, it was probably the best thing that could have happened to me. It was kind of a good kick in the rear to start accomplishing some of the goals that I need to be working on. It's been fun being the one to clean, make dinner, make Emmy lunch and such. Me and a friend who also worked there are starting a company also in transportation logistics! We're both really excited as we have several customers who are on board, most of the same fleets will work with us, and some new carriers as well. Those that know me real well probably are surprised that it took so long for me to actually start a business. I'm such an entrepreneur, and it's great having the freedom and flexibility, as well as the extra drive to work for myself. It's nice to check that off that goal...it was supposed to be within 5 years, so nice that I got it checked off early. On top of that I'll be selling health insurance on the side. I'm trying to do a better job of not talking about crazy goals until at least some steps have been taken. I've slipped a few times with some people...poor Emmy hears so many of my crazy ideas. But yeah, I'm studying for the accident, health, and life insurance exam...so that's why I can talk about it. Once I take some steps on the next crazy goal, I'll talk about it.

No comments:

Be sure to check out Becca's Blog