Ok, so I was trying to comment on Kyle's blog the other day and as I was doing that I somehow accidentally created a blog. So, I wonder if anybody will read this, be sure to make a comment, cause that's fun.
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Last Single Summer
Rafting in Idaho with Cannon, Amanda, and Mandy This is my club, and those are my guns
All thumbs up for going down the slide at Amanda's cabin
He caught it!
All smiles hitting the water at the bottom
It wasn't really that scary
It was even relaxing
Ran right into him
Much meditation...Heidi took a suhweet picture
I caught em
She went down the whole way like that
It's been a good summer! Tons of fun stuff. It was a good last single summer...but I'm ready to get married...gosh I love that girl. So the summer is ending, guess what that means?!
I've finally seen the light, kids. Please don't stop me.
I'm voting Democrat because I believe the government will do a better job of spending the money I earn than I would.
I'm voting Democrat because freedom of speech is fine as long as nobody is offended by it.
I'm voting Democrat because when we pull out of Iraq I trust that the bad guys will stop what they're doing because they now think we're good people.
I'm voting Democrat because I believe that people who can't tell us if it will rain on Friday CAN tell us that the polar ice caps will melt away in ten years if I don't start driving a Prius.
I'm voting Democrat because I'm not concerned about the slaughter of millions of babies so long as we keep all death row inmates alive.
I'm voting Democrat because I believe that business should not be allowed to make profits for themselves. They need to break even and give the rest away to the government for redistribution as THEY see fit.
I'm voting Democrat because I believe three or four pointy headed elitist liberals need to rewrite the Constitution every few days to suit some fringe kooks who would NEVER get their agendas past the voters.
I'm voting Democrat because I believe that when the terrorists don't have to hide from us over there, when they come over here I don't want to have any guns in the house to fight them off with.
I'm voting Democrat because I love the fact that I can now marry whatever I want. I've decided to marry my horse.
I'm voting Democrat because I believe oil companies' profits of 4% on a gallon of gas are obscene but the government taxing the same gallon of gas at 15% isn't. Makes ya wonder how anyone would NEVER vote Democrat , now doesn't it?
After the Lamanites tried taking a couple of cities, but the Nephites were protected, Mormon writes:
18) And they did prosper exceedingly, and they became exceedingly rich; yeah and they did multiply and wax strong in the land.
19) And thus we see how merciful and just are all the dealings of the Lord, to the fulfilling of all his words unto the children of men; yea we can behold that his words are verified, even at this time, which he spake unto Lehi, saying:
20) Blessed art thou and thy children; and they shall be blessed, inasmuch as they shall keep my commandments they shall prosper in the land. But remember, inasmuch as they will not keep my commandments they shall be cut off from the presence of the Lord.
21) And we see that these promises have been verified to the people of Nephi.
22) And those who were faithful in keeping the commandments of the Lord were delivered at all time.
23) But behold there never was a happier time among the people of Nephi.
This time around I'm finding this over and over: that God keeps his promises that if you keep the commandments he'll bless you and deliver you from your problems (whatever they might be). It really must be true then. I love it how it said that this proves how merciful and just the Lord is. He doesn't give us these blessing just because he loves us, but there really are blessings attached to obedience. If you keep a commandment, as a consequence, a blessing will come with it. I also liked how it says that the people were never happier. That is definitely how it is in my life. I am happiest when I'm keeping the commandments. It's just a tragedy that we all fall into the same routine of forgetting those things.