Friday, February 25, 2011

Ramblings of a soon-to-be Dadda

Well in a few weeks I'll be a dad. The last few months have gone by really fast actually. I don't quite know what to think about everything. It's all happening so fast, and yet nothing has really happened at the same time. Baby is coming, I'm going to be a daddy, ready or not here he comes. I know many people that read this blog are already parents and so you all have felt the same feelings that I'm having...anxious, excited, nervous, scared, and a whole lot of other emotions and feelings that can't be described. I'm excited to have a son who I can watch as he goes through similar experiences that I had. It's anxious to have a baby around- someone that me and Emmy created together who has attributes of us both. It's amazing how there's not a cap to the amount of love you can have for people. Of course I loved my family growing up and continue to love them, then Emmy came along and I had more love for someone than I thought I could have. And now baby is coming. In those quiet moments where I think about him and wanting to be the best dad I can be to him, I always tear up a as I think about how much I already love him*** and how he'll come out loving me so much. I won't have to convince him to love me, it's just natural, the way I naturally love my parents. Nervous because I'm responsible for his survival, safety, and well-being. Scared because BAM, tons of responsibility on ya. When I got married I was hit with responsibility but ask anyone I'm still the goofy kid I always was. Things change when you have a kid, you are responsible for teaching him the Gospel, you have to be an example 24/7. I don't know if being goofy will get the job done. So you know, some things will probably change...and they probably should. Some things will stay the same obviously. Anyway, I hope this kid knows he's causing some weird blog posts. If you don't like this blog feel free to email him. We set up an email address for him and someday we'll give it to him. If you want to email him- either send me an email or leave a comment and I'll forward it on to him.


***All bets could be off once the diapers and cryin happen, j/k.

No comments:

Be sure to check out Becca's Blog