Friday, February 22, 2008

The Nation of F6

I need to take a break from my paper. Here are some scriptures that I really like:

2 Nephi 29:5, 14

5 O ye Gentiles, have ye remembered the Jews, mine ancient covenant people? Nay; but ye have cursed them, and have hated them, and have not sought to recover them. But behold, I will return all these things upon your own heads; for I the Lord have not forgotten my people.

14 And it shall come to pass that my people, which are of the house of Israel, shall be gathered home unto the lands of their possessions; and my word also shall be gathered in one. And I will show unto them that fight against my word and against my people, who are of the house of Israel, that I am God, and that I covenanted with Abraham that I would remember his seed forever.

Psalm 9:10,

10 And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, Lord, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.

Isn't that awesome?! What an awesome covenant. He'll always remember us. No relationship on earth will be as special as the one with the Lord. Too often we forget him through our hectic lives, and we always forget about these covenants and we forget that he is able to do anything. We forget to keep the commandments and then just trust in him. It's hard. Life is hard, it won't get any easier. But scriptures like these always help.

What is Kosovo thinking?! For them to declare themself a country is almost as dumb as F6 becoming a country inside of moon apartments (we came really close to separating from the U.S. and becoming independent). Ok, so it's not as dumb, and I do understand that it's really hard for Kosovars to trust the Serbian government after the genocide in the 90s, but I wonder how much they've thought this out. There are only 2 million people, 10% Serbs. They have 60% unemployment, though that number is probably lower due to the black market. They have no access to the sea, no resources, they are a moutainous country. They don't have any money, they have to rely on foreign aid and foreign troops to protect themselves. I mean, what do they honestly have going for them? How are they honestly going to be able to support themselves? How are they going to find a niche in the world market. Maybe if they joined Albania, but that is very unlikely. Frankly, I think the nation of F6 had a better chance of surviving. We were 100% employed, we had things we could offer the world market, we were able to defend ourselves (Gavin is really big), um, we had cool resources like a tv, nintendo, a funny dishwasher, a toilet that would randomnly flush, a weird heater, cool wallpaper, and plenty of newspapers. We had the capabilities to install surveillance if we wanted. We could have possibly gotten nuclear weapons with some "aggressive negotiations." We had lots of food and our country wasn't mountainous.

Yeah, we would last longer than Kosovo.

No comments:

Be sure to check out Becca's Blog