Friday, October 13, 2006

My uninformed sister

A lot of people I associate with have no idea what is happening in the world. I understand that she and other people just aren't that interested, but maybe I can inform you guys a little bit about what is happening because it is important.

North Korea has long been suspected of having nuclear power. Pretty much their dictator is a nut. We obviously can't allow nuts to have nukes. Last week the whole world was telling them not to test their nukes but they did anyway. China, pretty much their only ally, was upset along with every other country. Ha, what's interesting, though, is that now a lot of people think they just exploded lots of bombs but that their nuke was actually a dud. They haven't found any traces of radioactive material at the testing site. Still though, North Korea is trying to tick off the world and they did a good job cause now the UN is imposing sanctions on North Korea. The U.S. has had sanctions on them for a long time but now other countries...including China will impose sanctions on them. One thing, though, is that sanctions often don't produce the desired results. Usually they just starve the people. But it's not looking good for them.

5 comments:

Whitney said...

nuts shouldn't have nukes, haha this makes me smile.

Kyle said...

Boring! Where can I find some good pumpkins?

Anonymous said...

I saw an arial night time shot of North and South Korea. South Korea was a blaze of lights while in North Korea there was only one tiny pin prick of light and the rest of the country was in darkness. They are already in the dark ages I'm not sure what good additional sanctions would do but yeah ... nuts should not have nukes!

Anonymous said...

That was interesting. I feel better informed. And it isn't because I don't want to be informed that I'm not. I want to be informed but I feel like I am already way behind. This is why I am a history major. I trying to understand about the past first and then deal with the present.

Anonymous said...

i'm interested. teach me more.

Be sure to check out Becca's Blog